Friday, July 9, 2010

Bird's Eye View




It is fun to look at things with a fresh eye.....this painting was an exercise from Elizabeth Robbins's workshop. We had 20 minutes to paint a set up. (Yes, we all freaked!) I tried to pick something not too complicated. I think it worked! This apple was resting on its side and was laying on a really cool turquoise scarf. Working quickly gave me permission to see the big picture, values and temperatures without stressing over blending or details. Painting it at eye level made the shape pretty simple. I like the funky, contemporary feel of this one.

1 comment:

  1. Lyn, thanks for visiting my blog. I've enjoyed looking through yours. Love this painting and how wonderful it must have been to take from Elizabeth. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete