Monday, March 26, 2012

Musical Easels Upside down

6" x 6" oil

Day 3 and we played musical easels. Each student was given a photo. Some were instructed to paint their painting with the photo upside down (I was an upside down girl). The first painter gets to start their own painting, painting about 10 minutes at their own easel. When the music stops, everyone takes their brush and moves to the next easel to continue painting at that easel.....after changing locations 6 or 8 times, you get to go back to your own easel to see what you see.....and you can have 3 brush strokes to make adjustments before show and tell....Eventually, you can fiddle with it as much as you want to, but everyone's turned out quite well, actually. This is my "Upside down Cupcake by Committee! I like it!

1 comment:

  1. I can't keep my eyes off of this painting - the movement of the icing and the lovely colors of the background with the bright red of the strawberry - just wonderful Lyn!

    ReplyDelete