Friday, May 27, 2011

Flower Explosion

5" x 5" original oil on linen panel - SOLD
$95 unframed - $5.95 shipping

original flower (my perspective was slightly different)



This flower is amazingly beautiful (in real life). It is from a cactus and blooms for only 1 day!
My friend and painting buddy, has had a few blooms this spring, and we have been trying to figure out colors and temperatures each time it flowers. Basically it is vibrant fuchsia and warm, bright red...and I do mean bright! So, after a few unsuccessful tries and wipes, I decided to throw caution to the wind...and just go for it, placing in the darks, then the lights and reshaping the petals with the background....No, it doesn't look like a photo (which is not a bad thing), but I think it looks like a flower, and a pretty colorful one at that!




No comments:

Post a Comment